Thinking of Selling your Home? Realty Group can provide you with a current Comparable Market Analysis (CMA). It will highlight homes that have recently sold as well as homes that are currently on the market in your area. It highlights average marketing times to give you an idea of how long it may take to sell your home. Realty Group does this at no cost & no obligation. Here are some quick tips for preparing your home for sale.
- Declutter – This cannot be stressed enough. Organized chaos is better than a cluttered mess. Make sure everything has a place and keep it organized while the house is on the market. Get rid or pack things that you do not use or need anymore.
- Organize closet and storage spaces – Color coordinate clothes in closets and make things look neat and tidy. Line shoed up and get closet organizers or bins. Let potential buyers see how to maximize closets and storage spaces.
- Depersonalize – Take down family photos and personal/religious items when potential buyers are walking through your home. You want them to see the space not personal items.
- Deep Clean the House – Before putting it on the market give the house a deep clean or have a service come out and do it. Make sure floors and windows are clean. Bathrooms and Kitchens are should be spotless. Clean ceiling fans of all dust. Touch up walls that have marks or scrapes.
- Showcase your outdoor space – Whether you have a balcony or a patio make sure the space is clean. Get rid of old furniture that is broken. Keep flower pots out or other seasonal items to showcase the space.